China Trademark Registration
Etiket IP is an intellectual property company for trademark registration in international area. We are providing our clients with our partner certified trademark attorneys in China. We commit you good prices and quality attorneyship since 2010. Etiket Intellectual Property files hundreds of trademark applications in international area every year.
Schedule Of Fees – 2019
Type of Service
Total USD (No secret fees)
|Trademark application for 1 class||690||Including application fees, our charges, translation & taxes.|
|Registration Fee||360||Including all fees: registration, shipment fees & taxes|
|Each additional class||390|
|The oppositions of China Trademark Office refuses.||1200||If it happens during the registration process.|
|Defense against incoming appeal in Trademark Bulletin||1200||If it happens during the registration process.|
Calculation of Registration Costs
If you want to register your trademark in 1 class, the total fees for trademark application, publication, registration, translation, shipment, taxes are;
TOTAL USD 1050
If you want to register your trademark in 2 classes, the total fees for trademark application, publication, registration, translation, shipment, taxes are;
TOTAL USD 1.440
The legal basis of China trademark is Trademark Law of the People’s Republic of China (2013). China is a member of the Paris Convention, the Madrid Agreement and the Madrid Protocol. China adopts first-to-file basis for trademark protection. A trademark registration is valid for 10 years from the date of registration and could be renewed for 10 years before the expiry date.
– The time from trademark application to registration is approximately 12 months in Smooth Case.
– Review of Rejected Trademark, cost extra 6-8 months;
– Reply of opposition from a third-party during Trademark Gazette, cost extra 12-18 months;
– Cancellation of Trademark (Non-use for 3 Consecutive Years), cost 8-12 months;
– Declaration of the Invalidity of Registered Trademark, cost 12-18 months.
– Trademark pre-filing search ( Max 4 days )
– Search report, including analysis and suggestion ( Max 8 days )
– Client could refer to our analysis and suggestion in the search report and decide whether to file the application. ( Depends )
– Filing a trademark application ( Max 4 days )
– Trademark examination by China Trademark Office 6-8 months
– Publishing in the Official Trademark Gazette 3 months
– Waiting for the TM registration certificate 2 month
– Shipment of trademark registration certificate to you ( Depends )
(1) A simply signed Power of Attorney (PoA) (prepared by our partnership office).
(2) A duly completed trademark search/registration order form (provided by our partnership office, including goods and services, better based on NICE Classification).
(3) A soft copy of the trademark in JPEG format.
(4) A copy of identity proof of the applicant (passport for individuals and Business Registration Certificate/Certificate of Incorporation for companies).
(5) A priority document when priority is claimed. The document can be filed within 3 months after the filing date of the application (extra charge will be charged for filing priority claim documents).
In China, “trademark use” is not required for registration by China Trademark Office. But if there comes Review of Rejected Trademark or Reply of opposition from a third-party during Trademark Gazette, evidence of trademark use is very important. We suggest all clients make a preparation for evidence of trademark use.
Ask a Free Quote for Trademark Application in China
You will receive a “free” quote about your request in a few hours.